This is what I learned this week.
- Wearing a fur coat does not make you cooler than everyone else. It makes you look the same. (I do want one of course, faux obviously, but I'm in two minds about it still. Indecisive Gemini I am.)
- Sitting down with a cuppa and a good book can instantly make you channel your inner zen and give you a bit of much deserved 'you time'. (My book of choice was the Hummingbird Bakery Cake Days Cookbook. Glutton, I know.)
- Just because you don't wear nice clothes to work or doll yourself up during the week does not mean you have to slob around at the weekend. Dress up! (I work in a kitchen, a full face of makeup is both unrealistic and wasteful as most of it would slide off anyway. Bummer. But on the weekends I parade around Dundrum looking like I'm done up to the nines for a night out on the town. It's ok, it makes me happy.
- Pigging out once in a while is ok. Really. It is.
- Getting a Urinary Tract Infection is not nice. No-suurrr-ee. (I totally just put that in for the sympathy comment.) No really, it's horrible.
- Coming home to a nice shower, a DIY pedicure and clean jammies is all you may need to get out of the 'euuuugh I hateeee my jobbb and my liiiiife' slump.
- Colleagues are not always considered your friends.
- Chocolate makes everything better. (I have argued this one, but I just have to give in, I just do. It's the bean of miracles.)
- I am in love with statement lips now. That's all.
- People who you thought were your friends may not be your friends at all.
- Don't trust men from your past who fucked you over then randomly text you offering you things.
- Don't trust men in general. Especially those with highlights.
- Red wine fixes everything. For like an hour, then shit gets real. (Excuse the vulgarity).
- Going to bed at 9pm does not make you a granny. (Or so I tell myself sometimes).
- Reconnecting with music you used to listen to years ago makes you feel young, hip and nostalgic. (I mean goooood music, not S Club 7. Although they were a bit amazing in their heyday.)
- I always seem to attract weirdos at the bus stop who feel the urge to chat to me.
- Being a girl will make you cry, scream, weep, laugh, moan, and bitch for no apparent reason.
- No matter how bad things may get, just remember karma is a bitch, and those who upset you will get their comeuppance.
My next post will be a makeup related one, I promise! Hope youre all having a good week :) Nearly the weekend! Hey ho!