Upping the Amp.

Hello all! Despite my ferocious hangover, I am in a very happily dandy mood this sunday morning! For two reasons: Bank holiday weekend means halloween and a three day weekend, and I also graduated from college yesterday and got my degree! Woo :)

Alot of my posts lately have been rambles about my life and such, so here is an actual makeup related post for a change!

Here's the deal: I am terrible with statement lip colours. No matter what it is, I never seem to choose a shade that suits me. I am so much more comfortable doing a crazy eye and muted lip. Outrageous lip shades scare me. But I actually want to love statement lips. I just needed a teeny bit of persuading.


I ventured into MAC a total of 4 times this week, and two different MACs at that. I wanted one of the makeup artists to tell me exactly what would suit me, what would complement my skin tone and all that. I think a colour looks amazing in the tube and I buy it, and low and behold I go to wear it and I look like I painted my face in the dark. With my graduation this week I wanted a lip colour that was a little bit out there (for me!) but sophisticated enough for a formal do. MAC do amazing lip colours. I think we all know that. But for some reason all the lipsticks from MAC that I own are nearly identical in colour, just different finishes. Soft pinks are like my safety blanket. Step out of the box I told myself. And so I introduce you to Up the Amp.



Photobucket
I am aware I look ghostly in this picture, it's the flash, I swears.
Lashes ahoy!


I used this lipstick with Magenta lip pencil from MAC, which really gave it a richer, darker finish. I kept the eyes really neutral just using MAC's Lighscapade MSF as a shadow and Harmony blush as a contour in the eye socket.



Photobucket<
Me and the sis.

FACE
Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Foundation in 2.1
Bare Minerals Powder
MAC Blush in Dainty
MAC MSF Lightscapade to highlight
MAC Blush in Harmony to contour

EYES
Eylure Falsies
Catrice Gel Liner


Check out the gown :)

Photobucket


I really like this lipstick, and it has made me realise that lip colours are fun, not scary at all! Brave it!

Hope you all have a great weekend and happy halloween :)

x

26 comments :

  1. Aww congratulations Hunny. You look fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay congrats babe, you look amazing!! The lips really suit you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that colour looks amazing on you! I need the courage to do the same haha

    http://thirdtimeunlucky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to you! I love graduating in the summer. Was so much fun! The lippy really suits you! I don't think I could ever wear a lippy that shade though. Not half as brave! Gorgeous falsies too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! :)

    You look amazing - the colour really suits you xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations :) The lipstick is such a nice colour really suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on graduating, thats a gorgeous colour lipstick on you. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking amazing Aoife, as always! Love the lipstick, you really pull it off, also love how it happens to match the trim on your grad gown! Lol. Hope you had a great day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look absolutely stunning, and congratulations on graduating. I hope you aren't afraid of statement lips anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look amazing, congrats. Keep looking at this lipstick and I'm never really sure but it looks so gorgeous on!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look lovely and congratulations on graduating. I am the same on the lippie front, I have lots of 'bold' shades but I'm a pussy about wearing them out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OHMiGOD! Me and Hannah saw this post and nearly DIED. You look unbelievable. So frickin' stunning! We were going to text you, but thought you'd be a tad hungover ;) Have wanted Up the Amp for AAAGES. And this just affirms it! Beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! that colour is amazing! Your make up is stunning! This makes me want to go buy up the amp right now.. haha :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look beautiful! Congrats on graduating too. It's funny that you like bold eye makeup and muted lips, because I'm the exact opposite. Trying color eye makeup scares me a little! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I JUST bought Up The Amp yesterday in Manchester. Looks really gorg on you! Seemed to go lovely with your gown too!! Switswoo and congrats missy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. We just found your blog and love it! We are following you. That MAC lipstick was made for you! It's perfect for your skin tone and your hair color! No need to be shy with statement lip colors anymore! :-)
    We'd love for you to visit our blog and follow back if you like.
    http://www.herlatenightcravings.blogspot.com/

    Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  17. BTW - Congrats on graduating! :-)

    Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous lipstick shade!

    Also, congratulations!

    http://www.itsgreeds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovelovelove the lipstick combo- i went and bought it after i saw this post!!

    Congrats too x

    ReplyDelete
  20. where did you get those shoes :O they're so pretty! :D x

    ReplyDelete
  21. @ Aisling

    Amazone is the best place to find this :) cheers

    Hair Transplant Lahore

    ReplyDelete
  22. @ Laura

    it is not the lipstick shade it is about the combination of things :)

    fue hair transplant pakistan

    ReplyDelete