The LBZD - Little Black Zara Dress


There is something about summer sunshine that makes me want to get the legs out and throw on a light little number, and when I spotted this baby in Zara last week, I'll have to admit I was a bit skeptical at first. It was hidden beneath an assemblage of floaty tops and other bits that were dreary and non-appealing, but it's halter neckline is what drew me to it, even though at first glance it reminded me of the 90's. 

It is simple and delicate and light, and I figured it would be a perfect dress for a summer's day or evening. Hung loose and non belted, it swallows me, and although this look works for some, it made me feel frumpy and shapeless, and so I opted for a tan belt. 

The back is split and kind of unusual, and I like this little detail. The only downside is that you have to brave it and go bra-less, or wear one of those bras with the clear back strap. A halter bra with a clear back strap may I add. How complicated. So I braved it.

It is quite short, although it hangs a teeny bit lower at the back, almost in a drapy tunic like fashion. I can see myself breaking this out quite alot over the next few months!

Dress - Zara 
Belt - Therapy for HoF 
Necklace - Topshop
Earrings - H&M 

In other news, I am attempting to grow out my hair and embrace the middle parting look everyone seems to be hopping on. I've been using the L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil and I really have noticed a difference to the general health and feel of my hair.

I also purchased some new Chanel Vitalumiere goodies that I tried out for the first time today and so far I am loving the glowy light look and feel on my skin.  

I hope everyone has been enjoying the sunshine! Hopefully you've had some sun where you are :)
 Follow me on Instagram if you want to see more regular updates @noonabean. 
 :) x

8 comments :

  1. Cute look! The necklace seems like it was just meant to be with that dress.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dress is so simplistic yet so lovely! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is amazing! I need! Your hair is looking lovely!:) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress is lovely!! I love it with the necklace! xo

    iamlaurenpotts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really suits you, I love wearing floaty cool clothing in the sunshine! That necklace is just gorgeous, it looks perfect with the simple dress :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I'm Ana from Blogginup.com.

    Blogginup is a bloggers tool that allow you to increase the traffic to your blog.


    It is also a website that allows users follow content of blogs that you like in the easiest way.

    The user can follow your content and with labels marking the post or blogs.

    Hundreds of bloggers use Blogginup.com.

     
    I invite you to come and add your blog in less than 1 minute and start having your own followers to follow your blog.
      
    http://youtu.be/o_j8j7RXl-Y

    blogginup.com

    English version blogginup.com/en/

    Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful dress, i like this kind of dress really lovely thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete