The Little White Dress.



Dress - Love Clothing via Asos
Shoes - H&M
Necklace - Second Female


In the summer it's all about little dresses for me. Light, floaty and bright, it's safe to say I pretty have a dress in nearly every colour. And when it's hot, I adore wearing white. 

This little Asos number has seen it's fair share of wear the past few weeks with all the warm weather we've been having, it's one of those staples that I always come back to, and that I love wearing. It's fabric makes it so light and wearable in warm weather, and the colour is just so clean and fresh. It's the simplicity of this dress that I love. No faffing with pattern or embellishment, it is what it is. 

 It's main negative characteristic is that the neckline fabric droops a bit too much for my liking so it either has to be pinned or belted to avoid exposing oneself. That minor detail aside, the only other qualm I have with this dress is that it creases like a bitch. A bit of last minute ironing never killed anyone, but when I'm rumbling for something to wear, alot of the time this staple white dress comes to mind and I tend to groan with displeasure because I know it most probably has to be ironed a la minute. And then it will probably crease again five minutes later. But it's ok. My love for this dress cancels out nearly all unfavourable attributes I associate with it.

It's a staple. Simple, clean cut, fresh. I'm sold. I feel very dainty and feminine in it's floaty conformation.
I recently wore this on a meander up the mountains, (yes! I practically live in the mountains!), and despite it's light weight, when we strolled down at sunset I didn't feel a chill whatsoever. The fact that it's not strappy around the neckline makes it a more substantial dress, and feels more appropriate in chillier times of day. 

Unfortunately I can't see myself wearing tights with this dress in the Summer to Autumn transition, it's brightness just makes me feel like summer and I don't want to decimate it's summery nostalgia by incorporating it into my Winter wardrobe. Even though I love these types of dresses, I am getting very excited about the prospect of cosy nights in, woolly hats, leather boots and big furry Winter coats. :) 

 Hope you are all well!
 :)

3 comments :