Vintage Inspiration

I am overcome by a wave of inspiration and all I want to do is go back in
time and curl my hair 1940's style, rock red lipstick and wear polka dot dresses in pretty colours.
Why is it that styles of the past can influence styles of the future?
Why do we return to styles of the past?
I sometimes think I was born in the wrong era. If I was born decades ago would my style influence my personality? Or does personality influence style?

There is something so elegant and classy about the beauty that is vintage.

Vintage photos, vintage boudoirs, vintage shoes, vintage books, vintage jewellery, vintage sunglasses, vintage trinkets, vintage perfume bottles, vintage tailoring, vintage wallpaper, vintage cups and saucers, vintage buttons, vintage dolls, vintage cars - I love them all.

Something inside me fizzles and bubbles when I pass a vintage or second hand shop. The musky smell is offputting yet so enticing. Yet it is easily overlooked that what is now considered vintage was once brand new.
















looove looove loooove i want your loooove.

1 comment :

  1. These are lovely picks.:D Dainty and charming pieces!:D

    Have a lovely week!:D

    http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com/
    BEAUTY. FASHION. DESIGN.
    ...and everything girly under the sun!

    ReplyDelete